Sat, Nov 21|
Parsippany Community Center
Tactical Emergency Casualty Care
November 21-22, 2020 8am-5pm Class size limited due to COVID-19 precautions. Course Price: $375 with option to add IFAK. (NOTE: The website adds a "Service Fee". To avoid the service fee, select the "Pay Before Class" option and contact us to make arrangements.)
Time & Location
Nov 21, 2020, 8:00 AM – Nov 22, 2020, 5:00 PM
Parsippany Community Center, 1130 Knoll Rd, Boonton, NJ 07034, USA
About the Event
Class size limited due to COVID-19 precautions.
Course Price: $375 with option to add IFAK
NOTE: The website adds a "Service Fee". To avoid the service fee, select the "Pay Before Class" option and contact us to make arrangements. (Due to limited class size, payment or an agency purchase order must be received to hold seat)
The 2nd edition of NAEMT's Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC) course teaches EMS practitioners and other prehospital providers how to respond to and care for patients in a civilian tactical environment.
The course presents the three phases of tactical care and integrates parallel EMS nomenclature:
- Hot Zone/Direct Threat Care that is rendered while under attack or in adverse conditions.
- Warm Zone/Indirect Threat Care that is rendered while the threat has been suppressed but may resurface at any point.
- Cold Zone/Evacuation Care that is rendered while the casualty is being evacuated from the incident site.
The 16-hour classroom course includes all new patient simulations and covers the following topics:
- Hemorrhage control including immediate action drills for tourniquet application throughout the course;
- Complete coverage of the MARCH assessment;
- Surgical airway control and needle decompression;
- Strategies for treating wounded responders in threatening environments;
- Caring for pediatric patients;
- Techniques for dragging and carrying victims to safety; and
- A final, mass-casualty/active shooter event simulation.
NAEMT's TECC course is endorsed by the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma, is consistent with the current guidelines established by the Committee on TECC (Co-TECC), and meets all of the updated National Tactical Emergency Medical Support Competency Domains. This course is accredited by CAPCE for 16 hours of continuing education credit, and recognized by NREMT.
Course Tuition and NAR MFAK
Kit Contents: 1 x C-A-T® (Combat Application Tourniquet®) Black 1 x 4 in. Flat ETD™ 1 x S-rolled Gauze (4.5 in. x 4.1 yd) 1 x HyFin® Vent Compact Chest Seal, Twin Pack 1 x pair Bear Claw® Nitrile Trauma Gloves, lg.$435.00+$10.88 service fee
Pay at class
This option allows you to pay for the class on-site prior to start of class. Payment can be made by credit/debit card, check, department check or purchase order$0.00